PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Pilot arrested at Heathrow for possession of knives
Old 7th May 2015, 10:25
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
FL

Well said. I think Main Dog best summed it up. My experiences and views were summed up earlier in the thread.

Luckily in my declining years I spend more time on the other side of the field and do not often have to pass through the pax terminals with the cattle.

The whole airport security industry is just that...an industry...that is unlikely to give up it's multi billion dollar rice bowl without a fight.

Personally I can understand why a lot of the mid-career pilots in many major carriers are becoming more and more disaffected with the career they have chosen. Years of sacrifice only to be subject to a proctologists report every time they go to work.

Not to mention being treated by management as overpaid muppets. Interesting that CX management has singled out the pilot group for no pay rises for a number of years while succumbing the FA union ( and good on the FA union...thinking of joining myself).

It's a race to the bottom but I guess that applies across society as the pyramid upon which economic theory is based has become inverted.

I enjoy your work.