PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all those looking for a new job.
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2015, 08:35
C.T.G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Bear…wont disagree with much of what you have said at all except that there can be a gaping wide difference between recently graduated CPL’s. Being in Europe and having learnt to fly in GA and then modular route up to CPL (fATPL) and having been though some of the big integrated schools here for various courses I can tell you the level is not the same across the board, whether it be the sponsored guys from the middle east or ex RAF pilots, you would not believe some of the questions/responses I have heard come out of their mouths.

As for Skydiveandy’s internet speed, I really could not care less. You chose the internet as a platform to advertise and you also chose to handle the process yourself, i.e. not using a recruiter. You also chose to accept email applicants and not use a web based application form that, with a hand full of questions, you could weed out almost all (not the trollers obviously) of those not qualified. Having all been your own choices you have brought it upon yourself and now have no choice but to do the leg work yourself. I don’t disagree with much of your original post, having screened applications in the past, but a resume is a resume and you will do yourself a favour to lose these preconceived ideas about what someone’s resume should look like…I suspect you may well even be surprised, that is once you and Jaz have sorted out the initial process.