PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Pilot arrested at Heathrow for possession of knives
Old 6th May 2015, 02:33
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deptrai
but there is room for improvement, and I think that is a more interesting debate, in general, than to consider the facts of some particular case where someone got caught carrying something he/she shouldn't.
I'm not a professional pilot but FWIW I agree there is scope for discussion (and a review) of airport security procedures.
However, the facts of this incident remain of interest to me. In particular, what item(s) the pilot was carrying and why someone saw fit to arrest him, with the consequent inconvenience to 260+ passengers and the rest of the crew.
The impact of being arrested should not be under-estimated. For some people, it is a way of life. For the rest of us, it would be an alarming and worrying experience - whatever the eventual outcome.

pacific_sunrise
Recently came out of LHR. Security did a great job ..... As crew, as long as we know our limits and allowances, they do their job accordingly!
As crew?
In your Profile, you claim:
Current a/c Type (Pilots only)
"Boeings..Airbus...Lockheed"
Occupation
"crew"
Current on all three?
I can't help but wonder if you actually work in security. If my suspicions are ill-founded, I look forward to learning from your contributions to the technical threads. I won't hold my breath - in another forum (discussing security) you claim to be CC.

Tourettes_Guy
Reading this to find out more about the "management" that we are presently negotiating with for our lives.
We?
Three posts since 2010, two of which are on this thread.
Why are you pretending to fly for Cathay?

(Assuming, of course, that pacific_sunrise and Tourettes_Guy are actually two different people. )

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 6th May 2015 at 02:44.