PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you structure your ATPL preparation?
Old 5th May 2015, 22:25
BittenEdges

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey flyfly,

It has been just over 2 years since I did mine on an integrated course but I can offer to you the strategy I came up with and worked for me?

Day one, subject one: Come home from class and review all teaching for the day. Relax and bed.

Day two, subject one: After class review all teaching day two and look over tough points from first day. Repeat until end of subject.

Day one, subject two: Review day's teaching and do a mock exam of subject one to help keep it fresh.

Day two, subject two: Review day's teaching and look over tough points from day before.

Day three, subject two: Review day's teaching and another mock exam in subject one. Repeat until end of subject.

I kept building up like this until I was alternating between evenings of reviewing "sticky" points from previous days teaching and evenings of mock exams (on top of reviewing each day's teachings). Weekends would be for mock exams and re reading areas of difficulty highlighted by these.

It basically boiled down to keeping on top of each day's lesson and making sure that no more than two evenings passed without doing a mock exam in a given completed subject. Although this produced quite a high workload, when it came to mock exam time each subject was still nice and fresh.

I hope that makes sense and that it might give you an idea as to how best to organise your study.