PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Ogle Accident 1994
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2015, 15:25
Distant Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is quite clear that the person starting the thread knew the answer to the question they posed, and the reason for that answer. We might well all agree that it is inappropriate for the Procurator Fiscal not to treat armed services personnel as employed, but that is the way it has been for some time, and certainly is not a stance they developed exclusively in relation to Glen Ogle.
Clearly, it is hard to get a message across to someone who does not want to hear. Once again, I repeat, I did not know the answer to the question when I started the thread. It has only now become clear that the anomaly was in existance at the time of the Mull accident.

It is more than inappriopriate for the Procurator Fiscal not to treat armed services personnel as employed, it is goes against the "intent" of the 1976 Act and discrimates against them. Today, in the Scottish Parliament, members of the the Justice Committee were made aware of the situation for the very first time, and they were shocked. It is unlikely to happen again.

DV