PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2015, 13:22
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
even with all this growth in demand, will both DL and AA remain on JFK with 6 Kestrels a week to contend with?

I actually think Aer Lingus from MAN will be the ones to loose out on this news.

They have traditionally done well with connecting passengers from MAN to the USA, and most of that has been down to price (MAN-DUB-USA on EI is usually significantly cheaper than pretty much any other alternative).

The fact that TCX is now opening up so much of the USA with very very competative prices means tht they ay just take the cream from what EI offers.

Sure, frequency will be in issue for some, but, as we have now seen with JFK and TCX offering a near daily schedule to JFK, 8 weekly of MCO and near daily to LAS, who is to say TCX will not do the same to BOS/LAX/MIA if they prove successful?

DL is tied in with VS, so will no doubt have virgin holidays behind it, and AA has the BA JV which is proving very popular for frequent flier points (even though some are disgruntled that the scheme is getting poor value for money now). Therefore, I don't think these 2 will suffer, but EI and its connections will (in fact I would not be at all surprised to see a price fightback, and, if it does happen backs this up).

Just the fact that even as little as 2 years ago, to say MAN would have direct flights to 6 pretty decent airports in the USA from TCX would have got you laughed off the forum, means this news is pretty big and Im hopeful TCX have done their homework. The fact JFK is doubling already despite AA/DL shows that they have indeed done said homework.