PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2015, 07:57
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homo Simpson

I note your location is "In The bar" , hey guess what, we know !

Your last couple of observations are factually incorrect, the last 6 postings refer to items of interest which have referenced Manchester Airport in the media Eg ThebusinessDesk, Travel Weekly, MEN, and the Daily Express, your perception about recycling previous issues is i'm afraid wrong, but as you ask I am happy to give you some guidance.

We do actually have something called an Election on Thursday, if your interest is purely planespotting the usual suspects should move on down the bus now.

There is an opportunity to hold our "local MPs" to account, before they are all shoe horned back in for another 4 years. The Honorable members for Tatton, Wythenshawe, Sale and Blackley will of course carry on much as before, same old, same old, BUT crucially at least we have a last chance to embarrass them via the media, but ONLY if we ask some pertinent questions NOW, before Thursday !

By all means discuss the NHS, economy etc but hang on lets also have a nod to Manchester Airport perhaps thee largest driver of the economy in the North Of England.

There are numerous issues which impact on the airport and this, is thee only opportunity to put down some markers before they all swan off back to Westminster.

Northernpowerhouse hmmmm High on rhetoric low to zero on actual sums of money "if any" !
And as far as I can see not even on Labours radar !

HS3 see above

What about the conveyor belt of funding for projects in the SE signed off with a flourish and not a whiff of criticism from messrs Kane, Stringer etc

APD - North Of The Border. It may or may not effect Manchester, but tell you what, lets not wait and see, and then complain lets find out now, whats on the table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss Heathrow and it's "A National Treasure", discuss Manchester and its that "regional airport that serves those plucky Mancunians" ! Enough already.

We wait with bated breath for MAGs expansion plans a topic of considerable interest to every reader of the Manchester thread at least it s/b although clearly some disagree, so wouldn't a nice £1Bn from Government , not a gift but a loan, at exceptionally low rates show at last a willingness and commitment from Westminster to projects "in The North", transformational and quite frankly little more than loose change compared to the billions pouring into London.

AND yes I do appreciate that investment & "the London Effect" keeps us Mancs warm and cosy with subsidies, tax handouts etc why wouldn't it? but if you pour billions into project after project "of course" you will get a ROI, you cannot fail.

Media City demonstrated what can be done, and the economic tsunami in the surrounding area.

You may not agree with their policies but my God at least the SNP MPs put Scotland first and foremost, if only our local MPs just occasionally showed the same glimmer of passion and commitment and represented in tandem with national issues "our views", "our agenda" !

Last edited by Bagso; 5th May 2015 at 08:27.