PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Skidmore Similar to Mr McCormick
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2015, 00:04
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
The industry may be interested in the other letter of 31 August 2010 from John McCormick which Mr Skidmore refers to in my first post. Here is an extract from that letter from Mr McCormick…

Dear Mr Smith

I refer to your letter of 19 August 2010 addressed to Peter Cromarty. I have advised Peter to not reply to your letter, but do so here myself instead.

The language and tone of your letter is absolutely unacceptable. Peter Cromarty is a highly qualified, highly experienced and highly principled member of my senior executive team. Neither he, nor any other CASA manager or staff member, should be written to in this manner.
John McCormick’s letter then goes on to say,

I believe you owe Peter an apology, and I trust one will be forthcoming.
My letter to Peter Cromarty that John McCormick is referring to was about an issue I had been discussing with Peter Cromarty over a number of years. It was a very important issue where I had considered that he had not treated various issues in a fair way. I also wanted a number of serious questions answered.

After receiving John McCormick’s letter, I phoned Peter Cromarty and apologised to him; he accepted my apology. However, did this elicit any responses to my complaints? Of course not! I am sure Peter Cromarty knew he would be protected by “the system” and that even though I had rung and apologised there was simply no way he was going to address any issues that he didn’t want to address. He knew the system would protect him – and it did.

I believe the morale in CASA must be incredibly low. When you work for an organisation which basically follows corrupt practices and lacks ethics, this is what happens. I just wonder how many years it will be before this is “cleaned out”. The Australian aviation industry doesn’t deserve this.

By the way, it is interesting to note the almost identical wording of John McCormick’s letter, written some five years ago, to Mark Skidmore’s letter written only a few weeks ago as reproduced in my first post, viz…

Dear Mr Smith

I refer to your letter of 30 March 2015 to Gerard Campbell. I have advised Gerard to not reply to your letter, but that I would do so here.

I found the language and tone of your letter unacceptable. Gerard Campbell is a highly qualified, highly experienced and highly principled member of my senior executive team. Neither he, nor any other CASA manager or staff member, should be written to in this manner...

Mark Skidmore AM
Is this a coincidence? Or is it possible that the position of Director of Aviation Safety could actually be made redundant seeing that correspondence from the Director appears to be automatically computer generated?