PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA pilot to pax: "You can't see the stripes"?
Old 4th May 2015, 12:52
FLCH
Buttonpusher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was in Oslo last week getting breakfast at the hotel with my crew, had my uniform on and was asked by one of the patrons if there were any more eggs were coming as the current batch had run out, I replied that sorry I didn't work there but I'm sure the eggs would be there soon, the expression on his face was priceless when he realized he was asking an airline pilot.

Not all of us are arrogant self centered individuals like some of you infer, we may be tired getting into the hotel or on the back side of the clock or both, we can simply be irritated at people asking questions that with a little thought can be resolved.

I thought the op was just a rant at the airline and the bit about the pilot was a tasty tidbit at the end.

Rant away its your right, but as you as a population you have demanded the lowest fares possible,you get what you pay for but that won't stop any professional pilot from making sure that we will do our jobs to get you where you want to go in the safest possible manner at the same time trying to make sure the company that employs us remains an ongoing concern.

Last edited by FLCH; 4th May 2015 at 14:31.