PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Skidmore Similar to Mr McCormick
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2015, 10:29
Lookleft

Received 199 Likes on 94 Posts
You say I should talk to the man in charge. Nearly two years ago I spoke to the minister about the flawed ADSB RIS process.
I would suggest that the Minister is not the man in charge and many would suggest that Skidmore is not either but he is the person who signed the letter that you received.

When I first met Mr Skidmore I explained that the ADSB RIS appeared to be a flawed document and the very credibility of CASA as an ethical organisation was at risk because of this.
I think there are many reasons why the credibility of CASA as an ethical organisation has gone the way of the dinosaurs e.g. Lockhart River, Pelair, McCormick.

Your specific question was, is Skidmore similar to McCormick? As the man invited you to contact him if you have a problem and he has stated that he wants to listen to industry then I would say he is not. Can he unilaterally wind back the clock on ADS-B? Probably not but as you have said:

I will attempt to stop this happening by any legal and moral way available.
You are probably one of the few individuals in the aviation industry with deep enough pockets and a profile who can do this. As I stated before I think the horse has bolted on this issue, just don't rely on public backing because they wouldn't have a clue. Good Luck

Last edited by Lookleft; 5th May 2015 at 01:06. Reason: The selected quotes now match the edited originals