PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Skidmore Similar to Mr McCormick
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2015, 09:18
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Look left. You say I should talk to the man in charge. Nearly two years ago I spoke to the minister about the flawed ADSB RIS process. He appeared concerned and said he would get back to me.

He did and said that he had been informed by CASA that as the process was completed in 2009 that it was now too late to do anything about the decision.

When I first met Mr Skidmore I explained that the ADSB RIS appeared to be a flawed document and the very credibility of CASA as an ethical organisation was at risk because of this.

There has not been a hint from CASA that the issue will be re looked at even though CASA people have told me that many within the organisation are convinced the RIS was not properly completed.

In about 18 months all aircraft which file an IFR flight plan in Australia will have to be fitted with expensive ADSB. This will cover small training aircraft in country areas that only fly in uncontrolled airspace . No country in the world has such a mandate. The aircraft will not be separated by ATC using ADSB- they will be given traffic information and use 1930s radio procedures to keep apart .

The very high costs of fitment will further damage the australian GA industry.

I will attempt to stop this happening by any legal and moral way available.

Last edited by Dick Smith; 4th May 2015 at 10:37.