PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:49
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
POST 1195 - 8 years ago -

MixmasterBilongJesus

After having read all 673 pages of reminiscent waffle about your "good old days in PNG", I have decided you are all remarkably soft.

Now when I was up there, the colonial policies of the time included extension of slavery to anyone who didn't have a knighthood and shooting anyone without a twirled moustache and gin and tonic in hand.

Second World War wrecks were yet to grace the landscape, and when they did, they were dime a dozen. Several japs, who refused to believe the war was over, menaced villagers in the hills north of Milne Bay.

Sliced bread was not yet invented, but they were pretty close to a major breakthrough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did this funny fella go? Only 5 posts . A 6 month wonder, you might say.

There was on that same page mention of Terry Blythe, ex Brain & Brown.
Jack Mc D , his good mate, still going strong 85 years young.
Working on his Hawker Demon (still)

Is there anyone can give me some dope on Terry Brain ?(shuffled of the mortal coil last November at 90). Doing a little profile on his colourful life for the Rag & Tube magazine. His partner Bill Brown long been pushing them up. Terry was on P40s, and Bill on B24s, so someone said the other day.