PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After the Skills Test
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2003, 06:53
Flock1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After the Skills Test

I finally passed my PPL skills test two weeks ago.

Since then, I have not flown an aircraft at all. (For the first week, I was actually glad to to be having a break from it all - after all, I had just gone through a week of high-intensity flying (QXC/Revision/Skills test)

But now I am itching to get back up.

So here is my quandry.

The school where I trained, can rent me a C-152's (the only type that i've flown), but at a huge cost. And in addition to this, I would have to book the aircraft weeks in advance - thereby becoming a slave to the weather.

So I could join another flying club - which is where my question is now posed. Of the local clubs I have found, it seems that I would have to convert to the PA-28 (which is what I want to do anyway), and because my licence will take another few weeks to arrive, this seems like a logical thing to do.

But what happens when I turn up at this new airfield? Do I simply tell them that my licence is in the post - and can someone please show me how the PA-28 works? How long will this conversion realistically take? And what does the conversion course entail? What happens if I make a balls-up of a landing - will I be required to have more training? And if I decide that the club in question is not for me, will I have to go through the same process again -somwhere else?

Others reading this post, will have surely gone through similar feelings, and it is you, who i hope will advise me on such matters.

Thanks in advance

Flock1