PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset Recommendations Sought
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2015, 17:04
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I have used the same own-brand HM40 for about 12 years. 2 years ago they went wrong - £50 got me a complete overhaul from Mendellsons.

DC13.4 are good headsets, but they are twice the price of what I wear, I've tried them back to back in the same aeroplane and couldn't tell the difference in wear.

If you can afford them, Bose are fantastic headsets - I use Bose-X for work flying, used a work set for my CPL, and the reduced noise levels massively reduce stress and improve concentration. But, they're expensive and I don't use them for a lot of my SEP flying for the simple reason that I prefer to hear any funny noises that the aeroplane makes.

I have had a few compatibility issues across intercoms with DCs that don't seem to occur with other headsets, but if you have DC both sides of a cockpit, those issues seem to go away.

mike shroud disintegrating.
Transair used to sell stuff called "mic sock tape", which was great. When they stopped stocking it, I went hunting, and eventually discovered that you could buy it as "vet wrap" - I use that rather than fragile and expensive foam socks on my headsets.

Amazon Amazon

G