PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Palm Project - an investment?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2003, 06:14
stormcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

I may get shot down but here is 1 opinion.
Personally I am one of the 'no' people for several reasons.

1. There appears to be no legal input from the buyers side. You go to the show room, eventually decide what you like and put your name to the paperwork. There are no solicitors to check it for you, so where do you stand if Emaar decide to change specs or other details?

2. Allegedly, this happened recently. Several people who had put money down for Palm deposits with a 25 year mortgage were told that they now had to have 15 year mortgages. Since they couldn't afford that, they lost their deposits. Can't confirm this as I haven't spoken to anyone directly involved.

3. I personally am not convinced that the build quality is as good as it could be.

4. Since literally thousands of propertys are being built, there are concerns that the present ones are overpriced.

5. There is no history to the market, so you are taking a bigger gamble than normal.

6. There is no free market to sell your property at the moment. I understand you have to sell through Emaar. This is probably to do with the resident visa you get with your purchase.

However, there are plenty of people who are buying. See if anyone will give you some info on the above.
Cheers