PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feeling horribly dizzy 24 hours after a flight
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:56
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Turbopropulsion,

I'm not an AME (Aviation Medical Examiner) but from my experience as a Flight Instructor I can tell you, I had a student once who was going through exactly the same as you're going through (extended feeling of dizziness). After a few days of rest it disappeared, wouldn't recommend to continue flying on a daily basis until your body gets used to deal with this new stimulus. And you will continue to experience this feeling of dizziness for the next couple of flights, but it will get less and lesser with time. In fact that's nothing uncommon, for instance, there have been reports about people who went for a ship cruise and experienced a sensation like still being on the ship a week later. But if the dizziness doesn't fade with time or even increases in intensity, even after not being in the air for a week or so, then you should go and see an AME, just to be on the safe side. But I'm pretty confident that the dizziness will disappear soon.

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 2nd May 2015 at 18:15.