PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:47
Uptheresomewhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for the informative post, much appreciated and most helpful.

I am considering applying to AJX and have a couple of questions, that I don't believe have been answered after reading the last several years' worth of posts:

1. My wife is keen to work out of Asia and has the potential to get a job in several countries. Compared to commuting from Australia, I hope this might enable us to see more of each other due to the shorter commute. Tokyo is not high on her list of options for the reasons mentioned previously in this thread and a couple of others.

a) If you have a day off in NRT, say with an early finish the previous day and late start the following day, is there any problem with you leaving Japan provided you are back in time for duty?

b) If she has a choice of cities, we were thinking it could be worthwhile going for one with a greater number of overnights, and I could just stay at 'home'. As such, does anyone have any advice on this, i.e. is it likely/possible and if so, what cities have a greater number of overnights, understanding that schedules/routes etc are subject to change?

Obviously I understand this is a commuting contract and you can only bank on your 10 days + 2 (+2), but if it could work, why not give it a go?

2. I notice that CReW states that you would have access to staff travel after 6 months of service. Can anyone advise whether this 6 months would start post check to line or after commencement of training?

Thanks very much in advance.