PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anyone sat ATPL M&B recently?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2015, 20:25
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In GNAV focus on W/V and Xwind questions. Make sure you can make those quickly. I managed to calculate those very quickly. Those also count heavier. More points per correct answer.
Those were in my exam around 50%. Then the other 50% are general questions. 2 Polars, 1 Grid, Scale etc. Everything you dont understand , just postpone, otherwise you waste to much time, but as I said, W/V X wind , those are easy. If you have done those, you have still lots of time left.

Its not spectacular, but I passed Gnav with 91%. Because I knew focus was on W/V.

Grid I knew there might be maybe 1 or 2 question, but I had problems with understanding it somehow. So I gambled a bit, and remembered answers from QB. That was the only time I gambled, but if I made that one wrong it doesnt cost that much of points. But my gamble worked out well. Had 2 Grids and both correct. NOTE: DONT GAMBLE WITH OTHER PARTS of GNAV.

Further know how to draw diagrams in Polar Stereo and Lambert, convergency. If you can draw, that you find answer even without even calculating. I knew how to calculate, but diagram gave me already answer. Great circle, Rhumbline .

Myself I also went through the books first to have general understanding. Then questions. Check what went correct, but most of all, what went wrong. Check the books and do questions again.

Back to topic M&B. Dont think to hard. In beginning I had also problems with the system of adding and subtracking masses and MAC Stuff. But create yourself also sums with this system. Practice a lot. You will get through it.
I Scored 100% on Exam. If I can do it, everyone can do that .