PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 1st May 2015, 12:33
gopher01

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
JACIG

I'm afraid my JACIG wasn't to Hungary so no, I wasn't with you on that one Smudge, however I did fit in one to Moscow, one to Kiev and the best one to Prague where once you were in the military hotel it was open season on where you wanted to go apart from the organised visits to a traditional castle, very turrety and historic, a visit to a glass blowing empire, their crystal glass is absolutely first class and a visit to the original Budvar brewery, purveyors of the original Budveiser, (who when sued by the American Budveiser company for using " their trade name" pointed out that they had been brewing Budveiser since before the U.S.A. had been invented and nothing more was heard). I fitted in a visit to Kebly near Prague where they have an excellent aviation museum, all sorts of aircraft you never get to see in the U.K. I imagine they weren't as worried about security as Prague was full of trippers from the U.K., Germany etc.