PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I broke my Compton Abbas Jinx today!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2003, 00:28
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post, Saab!

I know exactly what you mean about jinxed airfields. I used to go to school just off the end of the runway at Elstree, so was determined to fly there, especially since most of my family live around there. I think I cancelled about 4 trips to Elstree before I finally made it earlier this year. I've still never made it to either Goodwood or Shoreham, despite many attempts. For about a year after getting my PPL, Sywell was jinxed too, but I think I've crossed that one off the list because I've been there several times now.

I have jinxed passengers, too. It took about 5 attempts before the weather finally cooperated to let me take my dad flying. My sister has been flying with me a couple of times, but we've never actually made it to our planned destination - the weather has forced us to re-plan every time. And my best mate has still never been flying with me (although to be fair, he's not particularly interested - if he wants to get somewhere and there's an airport nearby he'll ask me to fly him, and we invariably end up driving when the weather's bad - but he's not interested enough to come for a jolly with me).

Anyway, now you've made it, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I think Compton is a great airport - I'm sure I'll be popping in soon, quite possibly for the fly-in later this summer...

FFF
-------------