PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kura Aviation
Thread: Kura Aviation
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2015, 14:09
theiceman747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been spoken before here on the forum about Kura Aviation BESTPILOT course. Use SEARCH tool.

I hve gone to the interview in february just to test myself, not really interested in the Bestpilot course but to know where i lack skills in a interview. You can expect this:

-Psychological test in a computer (+200 questions).
-Compass test (EPST), is compound of several parts.
-Personal Interview wit 2 interviewers.
-Group exercise with other people.

In the compass you have to score in each part a good part. Each part is scored from 1 to 7, you should get all 6, 7 in order to pass this part.

Psycho test is pretty straight forward if you are a stable individual.

Personal interview is also pretty straight forward to if you show good leadership skills, communitacion, team-work skills etc. They will ask you about your background and some other questions like: explain a time when you deal with high pressure? how you recover from set-backs in life? what makes a good captain etc...

Group exercise is more difficult as not everyone there knows DODAR procedure and you have to expose your ideas and show team-skills without being a bighead who knows everything and doesn't let others speak.

I passed but i declined, mostly because it's a 14.000€ course which is a MCC+JOC (already have an MCC) and is not that recognised by any airline. They provide 12 months of "job placement support" that is they will try to put you forward in interview, they have a deal with BA and Flybe to put Kura students forward in to the interview phase, they told me BA recruitment was full at that moment if'd take the Bestpilot course. Well for me it's not worth to pay 14k€ to be in a interview with Flybe.. it's a gamble but it can work

They will give you a extensive de-brief where they will tell you where you lack skills and what are your strong and weak points, that is the best part of all. Feel free to PM.