PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 30th Apr 2015, 12:15
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Fraud really?

NG Fellow

Harsh word fraud! Let's look at that here is a defenition I found I am sure there are others as the jurisdiction would determine the interpretation of what fraud actually is in any give time and place. For now however we have:-

The term 'fraud' is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage.

If Piloto2011 were to put that he had 1000hrs in order to progress the application. There has to be a differentiation between what the firm needs him/her to have when they sit in the seat of one of our planes (which is likely driven by an insurance and/or GCAA requirement) AND the requirement laid out by the recruiter who likely hasn't really put much thought into the fact that opening some form of leeway i.e 10% or so will actually help them by getting pilots in at 1001hrs as opposed to sitting there saying there are no applicants.

Just take a look at the unifying clause in the definition. The fact of saying one has 1000hrs knowing it to be materially untrue is not fraudulent. However inducing someone to rely on that fact i.e letting you start employment knowing it to be false is a different matter.

If the clear and honest intention of what you are doing here is that you fly for an airline where you fly 80hrs a month and are 160hrs short and you are simply saying that I will have your requirements when I start that is very different from saying that you have it right now knowing that you are unemployed and will not have any more hours when you arrive.

This is not to in any way condemn or suggest you do that merely saying that it is no more fraud then telling someone you consider their wife's cooking to be great than unreality it is nothing of the sort. The devil is in your motivation and the fact that there is no one you can approach who is not a computer who you can have a reasonable conversation with. This is why many airlines Emirates amongst them say apply and keep on doing so and when you get to the correct (or an acceptable number) they will call you.

Sadly flydubai do not have the ability to try and see the future and even though everyone here will tell you we are running short of pilots you will not find anyone sensible enough in recruitment to actually help you in your situation.

To be honest I don't know where you are now but there are airlines that will take you with 500hrs on type so why don't you go to Pegasus, THY etc for a year and then come here if you cannot easily get the hours you are after?