PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 30th Apr 2015, 06:45
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Tiger fish, if you believe the assumed extension of mission time caused by combining Police Force areas is to blame for this accident then I am assuming you have decided that a low fuel state caused the accident.

The later may be the case, as yet we do not know. if low fuel state is the issue it could be caused by a technical or human error. again we do not know.

However, to suggest the increased mission lengths created this situation is a one dimensional approach to this complex issue. It rather implies that flying with the potential for running out of fuel is ok as long as the client does not ask to fly too far.

Let the AAIB do their impartial work.

As an aside I have flown Police an HEMS in UK. Whilst there are some awful realities about this tragedy, such as it was a public service helicopter supposed to help the public and of course the exact reverse happened, it is actually just another accident to AAIB. All accidents carry the spectre of litigation by someone against somebody. This accident is no different in these respects so I suggest you kerb the conspiracy theories and accept that for the AAIB, its business as usual.