PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 29th Apr 2015, 20:21
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ULLA had disappeared from the MAR long before 2001. It was still in the C book for a while after this.

I am not sure if some of the EPERA kit ended up in use with PURIBAD when we had the 21ft extractor. As soon as we adopted the 10ft the kit was disposed of. Not sure if it went to South Africa

I think I recall one of the MADs telling me about ME One tons without static lines hooked up being used for combat offload from the K but this may have been a JATE trial to prove an emergency drill.

My memory fails me AA62 you know I can't recall if the J had the twin bomb racks. I know we did sequential sticks with Type V in the early days. I can't honestly remember if we did a split stick without having to close up and rig the extractor in flight. I think I had gone before we ever got round to doing a double PURIBAD with the 24 ft boat from the J. I know we did it on the K. It was quite crowded.

Interesting tale about having to install the switch for ULLA on the K. We did a similar thing on the J to install a "Winch Armed" switch at 245 beside the LAPES switch for use with CDS at P-x and after the safety pins had been removed from the operating lanyards.