PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise suffered by the people on the ground
Old 29th Apr 2015, 18:34
500guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live about 3 miles north Runway 35 of KUAO in Aurora, OR.
at least a few nights a week the local life flight A119 flies over in the middle of the night, I'm not sure how high he is but its low enough to wake me. Still, Its not different than the train whistle a mile away that sometimes wakes me up, certainly not worth complaining about. He is out saving lives, to ask him to redirect is path to limit noise (to me) and impose it it on someone else and delay patient care is crazy.

Last week a Chinook was orbiting over the river about 250' agl and about right over the edge of my neighborhood, It actually knocked my wife's scented oil diffuser off the window sill. Still not worth complaining about.

The Cranes do there water testing about a mile farther down, I often see them testing the dip tank when I am kayaking or my dog is swimming in the river fetching sticks. It actually happens quite frequently, I take notice almost weekly in the spring and early summer. Sure, it interrupts my serenity for a moment, but its not worth complaining about.

Grow up.

Unless someone is using a helicopter in a harassing fashion its just someone else doing their job and your pompous not in my backyard mentality that is the problem here.