PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Election choices based on defence.
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 16:51
T28B
Administrator

Received 297 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander00
Election - "defence" - clearly we need a megalomaniac dictator with aspirations to take over the world, or perhaps not - I am with Adm West though, if the nation cannot defend its borders and overseas responsibilities, the rest does not add up to a row of beans
Questions (as I live west side of the mid-Atlantic ridge):
a. Does the public mood in the UK advocate reducing overseas responsibilities?
b. Do you have any of the neo-isolationist sorts that we grow over here in random crops to produce die hard Libertarians? (Ron Paul being the foremost but not only example).
c. MPA evolved in our Navy into a multi role platform. The P-3 deployments in the 00's were not like the P-3 deployments of the 70's and 80's and 90's, in terms of equipment and mission. I will guess that Nimrod's roles likewise evolved. Is there another means available to achieve the end of surveillance necessary for the British Isles? (If that's not appropriate for public discussion, please advise me by PM that an answer won't be forthcoming).

Our special relationship will hopefully survive the lack of enthusiasm our current President has for all things British.