PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your leg or simply your take off?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 12:48
Oktas8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know which side of 45 is better, but I'm about on the dividing line anyhow.

I thank captains - and others - for many things, including offering me the benefit of their experience. Courtesy, respect & manners as you say. But the days when copilots were gifted legs at the goodwill of the captain are long gone. These days, we might be gifted a special leg, or an extra leg, or offered tips on being better pilots. In those cases, thanks boss!

Not qualified to comment on whether the change is a good thing or not.

I know a captain who thanks his FOs for their help after each duty. Nice guy, friendly to all. It puzzles me though why I should be thanked for doing my job. I don't quite know how to respond! Perhaps I've seen a few too many pilots who think they deserve to be thanked just for doing their jobs.

This thread reminds me of the long-term FO who retired without ever gaining command. His words at the farewell do:
"To all the captains who taught me what to do, to be a better pilot - thank you.
To all the captains who taught me what not to do, to be a better pilot - thank you.
To the captains who taught me nothing at all - thanks for nothing."

Last edited by Oktas8; 29th Apr 2015 at 13:01.