PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL/SE-IR
Thread: CPL/SE-IR
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 11:20
funkydreadlocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear you but here's the deal, you need an MEIR for airline jobs (if that's what you want) and lots of ME time is super beneficial.

I agree, you do not need to dish out 100,000 euros for quality training, but be careful with over emphasising price over quality. This stuff will stay with you forever.

19,000 euros is a fantastic price for cpl/ir anyways! on top of that it's all ME time (which employers like). Or like Alex suggested, other places can have them cheaper (but again, check the quality of training).

Remember, if a school is dirt cheap but the training is rubbish you'll end up paying more anyways because you'll need to fly extra hours to reach a level that will allow you to pass the skills test.

If you want to fly whilst doing your ATPL theory then hour build and work to save up for the courses instead.

Cheap is good, but never sacrifice quality only to save 3-4000 euros. think about it, in the long run, is a small portion of what you're paying overall. Be smart about it.

Edit: (BTW Alex is the director at BGS, best distance learning school for ATPL imho, talk to him)