PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phenom 300, XLS+ your feedback
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 11:17
DCTunltd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phenom 300, XLS+ your feedback

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I went through lots of Phenom 300 and XLS+ comments and articles and need some help of those who had/have opportunity to drive them

Our mission profile doesn't matter as much, basically we do small hops like 200NM and up to 700NM 4-6PAX, rarely 900-1000 NM 4PAX.
Currently we operate King Air 90GTx and upgrade is for cabin size, speed, range and toilet
I would love to fly XLS+ but... I'd like to show my boss straight facts.
Aircraft will be private used, ~150hours/year and probably we'll look for used 1-2 year old a/c.

I know how those two are shown by Embraer and Cessna (and that XLS is class higher) but I'd like to hear your feedback (Phenom 300 especially).
As for the Phenom 300 I've heard that it has rather wide ground turn radius, we operate to 35m wide runway (so I guess not a big deal with backtrack) but this airport has really narrow taxiways.

How does Phenom's brake by wire (+spoilers) behave during landing? wet/contaminated runway?

How does those two looks in term of reliability?

What was your longest flight/ what payload?

As we went through the maintenance numbers $$ it looks like Phenom 300 should be cheaper in MX than our King Air as Phenom 300 program covers parts, labour, parts shipping etc. But how does it looks like after 5 years? Is it still so cheap?
In that aspect XLS+ will be more expensive as there is additional APU program hour rate and you have to pay for MX labour.

I know the XLS will be more expensive to operate but maybe it'll be worth its price when compared to Phenom?

I will really appreciate your help