PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Myocarditis
Thread: Myocarditis
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 11:16
pulse1

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
I cannot offer much advice on getting your medical back but I can offer sympathy, having suffered from it twice. At the time I didn't have a current medical anyway but, thinking back, once the heart "squeak" goes away, there doesn't appear to be any medical test which will reveal anything.

The first time I had it I felt really ill for about two weeks and then pretty weak and feeble for a month or so. During that time I was checked for glandular fever (similar symptoms) and it was thought that I might have ME. All the tests they carried out revealed nothing. I eventually returned to normal.

The second time I never felt really ill but went into a three day cycle between feeling very weak and tired and then feeling quite well. Once this was established I went back to work until I went on a business trip to Boston when everything went wrong. I ended up with lost luggage and ticket and no hotel room. After that I recovered completely and believe that a good dose of adrenalin is a great help. I have since read some technical papers which support the view that adrenalin can help ME patients.

Not long after my recovery I renewed my Class 2 medical and it was not an issue.

As soon as you are over the main symptoms I would encourage you go skydiving or white water rafting, whatever gives you a buzz. As soon as you feel OK, if you can get your doctor or AME to send a report to the CAA saying that you are OK they should clear you to fly because you will be as fit as you ever were.

Best of luck.