PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 09:21
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
TW - thats one view and I suppose it starts with if you think that an investor of CHC Group filing an action in the Supreme Court of New York is merely "blah blah"...

If you are reading the same thing as me it is being suggested in the action that payments from Petrobas had stopped prior to this IPO and that it wasn't until July 10th 2014 on an earnings call that further disclosure was made.

I don't call that blah, blah and actually the colour given to all concerned vis the EC225 situation was woeful and this, along with the beaten up stock price of CHC reflects that in my opinion.

It was a total shambles at every level for a very long time. Forget the engineering or operational issues and the fact aircraft No.2 ended in the sea because of the mis-identification of the issue the communication was pitiful, being both confused and uncoordinated.

This situation affected me personally because of a friend who was physically affected by it and myself professionally.

It is not a surprise.

You have had Bristow CEO give a timescale for back to service, later back tracked upon and then portrayed as media spin by HSSG.

You have Bristow and EADS give a conference calls (to the people that own the companies I might add - so having legal consequences) suggesting they could not give a timescale for being back in the air, then Eurocopter Aberdeen sends a press release with the June/July date (which was actually 1 day after the Bristow call).

Then CHC and Bristow can't agree when might be suitable and now you've got the RMT banging its drum. Oh and somewhere along the way EC's CEO left!

You have had a slow bleed of information over the issues of which there have been numerous and then we come to the real crux is the endless attempt to put this positive spin on everything.