PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Camouflage
Thread: Camouflage
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2015, 07:55
ColdCollation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue(?!) as Stanwell - CP4 reds/greens, according to the Ishihara test... and yet the missus always congratulates me on my shirt/tie combos and even asks me to colour-coordinate her when she dresses.

There are some non-intuitive issues relating to shade differentiation. I remember standing at the mouth of the River Tees looking at the navigation posts and being asked what I could see. They were both 'black', and yet I was assured that one was red and one was green. On the other hand, I was asked once by someone to do the coloured lights test - as a test/practice run - which the CAA was using just a few years ago. I failed. The examiner said that she could see from one light to the next whether something was yellow/white/orange etc. I, by contrast (see what I did there?) was seeing all sort of sharp whites, warm whites, etc. I could 'see' the colours. The problem was that if the light I'd just seen was, say, yellow and the next was paler, to me (by process of elimination) that had to be a white.

I remain adamant that I wasn't 'wrong' but that how I see was overcomplicating things. I hope that makes sense.

On DPM, I'd add my weight to the argument that the earlier 72 Pattern was the better compromise. By the time CS95 came about, all it was good for was thrashing about in the pine.

In fact, when MTP first arrived, my immediate reaction was to wonder why they didn't just re-use 72 pattern.

But then I obviously see things differently to most people.