PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK : south west airline pilots join fight against ME 3
Old 29th Apr 2015, 04:48
aveo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry the Cod

Here is your remarks to Laker.

Boastful and no understanding:

"50% more pay? Sorry LAKER, going to call you on that one. No doubt those guys who are more senior will be doing nice routes and less hours....but not for 50% more pay. 12 year EK Captain clears $19,000+ each month with accommodation allowance. That would put a 12 year Delta guy CLEARING $28,000 every month! I don't think so"

This is your question to me:

"Do I assume from the example you gave that the Southwest Captain, working his 150 hours + credit (overtime?) can claim almost all of the tax back. So, take home is still around $30k per month?" >> Yes, it's called a CONTRACT!

This is your statement:

"That's something I would want to boast about!" >> They don't have to. They know each other's (legacy) contract. Like I know yours.

"As for accruing equity, no, not on a Company provided free villa but you still accrue equity on the home that's rented out back home.Just because you don't pay the mortgage doesn't mean the property stops making money." >>> It's called "Other Business Transactions ie Vacation Home, Investment properties, etc" in the U.S.! Did I say you "don't" accrue equity in your "other" properties around the world? Do you know how they appreciate or depreciate in "market value?"

"It's not just US properties that make equity or did they not teach you that when you did your U.S accounting degree? I guess not. " >>>> Where did I say that? I guess not!

"Never mind, just hope you haven't 'invested' in Baltimore. Not much equity there now i'd imagine. Come to think of it, not much anything there now............ " >>>> Not all, I can freely live, move about, and invest in 50 states and the district plus "other countries as well." Try not to go below the belt when someone calls you out in your "uneducated" rant.

This is your true stamens you made thus far:

"I know little about the complexities of the US tax system other than it's variable dependent on State."

Do not include the educational allowance in your computation in comparing it to the U.S. since its a given they have to pay that as part of "expat" expense. Especially, the cost of education in Dubai is well above the allowance theshold which "you" have to pay out, that is not even including the 4th child, the extra curricular activities that you have to pay. Would you like me to mention some more you that you pay out?

Like I said, Lakers post is spot on.

It's not about which airline is better, which nationality can top each other, or the mentally of which my country is better than yours. It's about the best choice and opportunity you made for your family and yourself. It's called, RESPECT. If don't like it, you are free to leave that airline.

If you want to be "educated" some more in private, let's meet up at a "Costa" place of your choice.