PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 28th Apr 2015, 21:58
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Answers on a golf score card...

Piloto
The system has a computer as a gate guardian. It has not been given any variables to my knowledge only aboslutes.

When you apply if you put that you have 800hrs and it requires 1000 hrs you will simply be rejected. However you will have an application number, you can update that application and therefore though some carriers encourage you to apply when you are close the reality is that your CV wont pop up at CTC or any form of human filter until you reach the number that the firm has set.

Trust me I know how frustrating it is to be 1/2 or 3 hundred hours short of something and have seemingly no way to get the hours you need to get the interview. I also know that it is catch 22 if you don't have the hours you can't apply, the airline is desperate for hours and you just want the job. The even more harsh reality being that you will likely not be a different pilot at 1001 hrs than you were at 999hrs.

The facts however are simple, the world is not fair, life is not fair and fdb mirrors the world and life combined. Get the hours, apply and get in the queue. You'll be surprised how quickly you get them. It took some of us 10 yrs to get a job like this you will get your chance whenyour number comes up.

Henriksch
We don't do financial motivation here. If you're coming as an FO the be prepared to save nothing but live an okay life, in fact better than home okay but wiht its drawbacks. If you're coming as a captain then expect to make enough to live a nice life and deal with the future from the small remaining surplus( if you have children) If you are single and or have no kids then welcome to Cash Cow Airlines. Re profit share, really sore point along with pay rises this year.

Next thign you will be asking if we can park in a car park at work?

Good Luck
VT