PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK : south west airline pilots join fight against ME 3
Old 28th Apr 2015, 20:36
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aveo

Nothing boastful about it, merely setting out the facts from EK perspective. I know little about the complexities of the US tax system other than it's variable dependent on State. Do I assume from the example you gave that the Southwest Captain, working his 150 hours + credit (overtime?) can claim almost all of the tax back. So, take home is still around $30k per month? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious as that's one hell of a take home. That's something I would want to boast about!

As for accruing equity, no, not on a Company provided free villa but you still accrue equity on the home that's rented out back home. Just because you don't pay the mortgage doesn't mean the property stops making money. It's not just US properties that make equity or did they not teach you that when you did your U.S accounting degree? I guess not.

Never mind, just hope you haven't 'invested' in Baltimore. Not much equity there now i'd imagine. Come to think of it, not much anything there now............

Harry