PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2015, 17:33
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCX almost seem to be a 'Norwegian of the north' when it comes to long haul routes. It is good to see them growing so well from MAN and helping to make it a viable alternative to going via Heathrow for point to point travellers.

Ive been very impressed with the growth of TCX in the last few months.

If someone had said even a few years ago that TCX would be flying to Miami, New York and Los Angeles from MAN, many would have thought that person was mad.

The fact frequency has doubled on JFK shows they must have found a good niche on the route.

I do hope Miami survives, as fares still seem very soft and TCX are currently running a £100 off promo. They seem to be giving the route a decemt chance though, with it coming back fully in summer 2016 and a few dates available in the winter (I would have thought winter would be the better prospect for the route anyway)

Now, I wonder how brave TCX could get at MAN. Condor offer Cape Town, Male, Rio de Janeiro and Zanzibar from FRA, I would have thought CPT/MLE could be tried ex-MAN. There was also a lot of talk a few years ago that the Thomas Cook group were in talks wih Oakland Airport for flights to MAN/FRA/ARN, would love to see that come off.