PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whilsst having no real....
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2015, 13:09
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
....sympathy for two clowns who were one time 'gangsters' in this crimial act..it is a timely reminder of how much these people despise us , despite our foreign aid to them....I am devasted for their parents, and siblings....and perhaps in a moment of idiocy themselves...nAH, PROBABLY NOT, but then again, the nastiness of the Indos should not be lost on us here....I would lke to see blabbot with the balls to recall our embassy and dismiss the indos....but then again I know abbott doesn't have the country's best interests at heart.....
It seem like you have perhaps indulged in a few 'reds' tonight as I am sure many Australians have, at the thought of this barbaric and pointless act about to occur.

As I am sure that this thread will be closed faster than it takes a 7.62 bullet to travel 30 metres, I would like to point out that yes indeed, the US does carry out the death penalty, but not for narcotics crimes.

Also, lets not forget that amongst the 9 prisoners about to be executed in less than 6 hours there includes a young mother of two children "Mary Veloso", a Filipino maid who many believed was 'duped' into carrying drugs and a paranoid schizophrenic who apparently has no idea what is happening let alone the reasons.

Combine this with the fact that President Widodo has indicated he wants to be tough on corruption, yet there are serious questions of corruption surrounding the judges involved in the cases of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan.

The killing of these 9 prisoners won't solve Indonesia's drug problem, or indeed any countries battle with drugs.

This act is purely political.

It stinks.