PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2015, 12:31
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I evidently live in a different crew room to you guys then because I can't say that I have noticed a significant moral issue to be honest. I think you will find that whichever airline's crew room you stood round in you would find moans and groans. Don't get me wrong, it isn't perfect, as I've already said, but there is a lot worse and it wouldn't take much to make improvements.

Re the leavers, I agree that they are from a spectrum of the workforce not just young guys going to BA. The majority are off to BA, on a variety of fleets not just long haul. Some (very few) have decided to go back to Ryanair after Ryanair offered them what they wanted (base and permanent contract), but they certainly aren't in any sort of numbers that could be misconstrued as worrying imo.

I am making no assumptions as to who anyone on here is, those that know me know who I am on here. I don't hide, and if I have a grumble I don't air it in public, I have stuck my neck out when necessary in the past and wouldn't hesitate to speak to the relevant management if I had any again. Surely it's much better than coming on here and airing your dirty laundry when you probably haven't tried to actually speak to the relevant people with your issue and a possible way that it could be improved, not that we can all have what we want of course, after all this is a business.

As I have said before, no airline fits all its employees, but to state that a 5-10% attrition when the biggest player in the country is recruiting is hardly a surprise. Of the 5-10% probably only about 1% are off to anywhere other than BA.