PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2015, 06:25
Artie Fufkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does everyone insist on regurgitating this line that management have been pushing out recently; "only a handful of young FOs have left in the last year and all went to BA long haul". Its so patently untrue. We all know exactly who have left because we've been to the leaving dos! Not just "a handful of young FOs", but captains, line trainers, TREs, some of the most long serving and qualified pilots in the company. We know their reasons for leaving and I'm not going to repeat them here.

Whilst I explicitly express no personal opinion of my own on the subject, literally every single FO I know is actively trying to leave and most captains are either accepting of the fact that they are unlikely get a command at their local airport if they leave Jet2, or are considering their options. Hand on heart, I can't remember the last happy pilot I met in the crew room (management pilots aside).

I have been with the company since the early days and have never seen moral quite so crushingly low as it appears to be at the moment. Sean Dillon's views may seem like those of a disgruntled rogue, but I experience people with his views an awful lot once the flight deck door closes.