PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 28th Apr 2015, 03:16
Torqs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBAC vs Civilian

Hey everyone

I have been following this thread for quite some time and decided I needed to join in the conversation.

I, too, have testing for Airservices Australia as of 24 April 2015. I am currently 10 weeks away from being an admitted Solicitor... but I don't think law is the career for me. I threw my hat into the ring early February and received the email for the additional testing last week.

I also applied for the Air Traffic Control positions open in the RAAF. I have completed the additional testing and up to the Assessment Day stage - very exciting.

I have searched everywhere online and believe this is the best thread for this post. Has anyone in here applied for both? If so, why would you go for civilian over JBAC or vice versa? The money seems to be on par and, for the most part, seem as if they use the same systems and interact with each other?

I am further along with the Defence Force than I am with civilian. I also feel that the RAAF route is quicker to complete than the ASA route... why would I turn down the RAAF if a job is on the table?

Thanks in advance