PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 15
Thread: SDSR 15
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 23:49
middleground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why should the public pay for a product or service that they are not receiving?
Happens all the time. We do not pay NI only for days we use the NHS. I still pay council tax when I am on holiday.

We are aircrew all the time regardless of whether flying or not

New pay scheme (Apr 16) will take care of the SAC Tech and Chef being paid the same(ish)

However, for those eager youngsters who are desperate to fly, I doubt Flying pay is the key driver to their recruitment
May not be the KEY driver, but a significant one. Overall salary package is what counts and for Officers RRP(F) is a good chunk of change. In days of limited hours reducing RRP(F) to only days of flying would be a huge cut in salary.

As for you other points Melchett01, some you raise are likely and some less so IMO.

Deletion of Sentinel from UK capability is one of my favourites to happen, especially if a MMA is on the horizon. Not sure about E3 as the 737 equivalent is not held in high regard from what I here. E-3D could do with an upgrade but there is no money. Reduction in F35 and withdrawal of Tornado earlier than the date it was extended too are also candidates in my book.

Cull of V/VVSO needed but unlikely.