PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 15
Thread: SDSR 15
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 22:03
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Photo planet,

I'm not sure on Sandhurst. If it were a precursor to a Defence Force style structure, then a new facility along the lines of a Junior Shrivenham - Shrivenham Secondary School if you like to accompany the current Shrivenham Polytechnic was more what I was thinking. So maybe a new build somewhere removed from all current trg sites to reinforce the move to a Defence Force.

As for the pay - yes to all ranks upwards from cpl, and fg pay only payable when you are actually in an actual fg appointment, not necessarily just the days you fly.

Middleground,

We were just playing Devil's advocate, the specific terminology is less important than the concept in this case, although the most recent AFPRB report does refer to it as both RRP (Flying) and Flying Pay on the same page.

As for the concept, I have friends receiving other RRP which is payable only in posts actively engaged in that duty and for a very few related staff posts. For all those others who hold the qualification, they are not entitled to continued payment when posted to other non-RRP annotated posts simply because they hold a niche qualification. I only suggested it in my original post because one could argue that a precedent has been set already. I would also argue that the only people who will be affected are those currently serving, so there would be retention issues. However, for those eager youngsters who are desperate to fly, I doubt Flying pay is the key driver to their recruitment - for the bean counters' purpose, let us assume that the argument if experience vs youth is not an argument they consider on their spreadsheets

Last edited by Melchett01; 27th Apr 2015 at 22:16.