PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Component Maintenance and B1 License
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 20:45
Blasted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capot, many thanks for your excellent and concise answer. I feel more firmly on this now.

I have a Basic Training Certificate. I had 6 months of what "can" be qualified as OJT. However, from peer experience, it looks like my NAA doesn't consider my 5 year component maintenance as accountable for experience requisites to the EASA B1.1. Again from peer experience, my NAA issued some ICAO licenses not long ago for people in my situation. Those licenses could be converted later to EASA, but it seems the NAA dropped this policy. I will go personally on them to clarify this and the whole experience thing (from MY experience, uninformed peer experience isn't always the most reliable source).

So by having the Basic Training only, I guess the job market isn't very open for me, right? Should I consider myself as a uncertified AMT?

Don't get me wrong, I like my current job and am happy with it. However, troubled times might be near for my company, and I feel the urge to protect myself for the future. Not having the license worries me, specially since I don't find job openings for aircraft component maintenance...