PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNAV (GNSS) Approach Operations - LNAV and LNAV/VNAV
Old 27th Apr 2015, 18:28
Driver 170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RNAV (GNSS) Approach Operations - LNAV and LNAV/VNAV

These are sometimes called RNP Approach Operations, they are GNSS-based and flown to minima labelled LNAV and LNAV/VNAV on a chart titled RNAV/GNSS.

LNAV approach operations are flown on Non-Precision RNAV(GNSS) procedures which are charted to a Minimum Descent Altitude (MDA).

LNAV/VNAV approach operations are flown with vertical guidance from the aircraft's barometric altimetry system (Baro VNAV) on an RNAV (GNSS) approach procedure, and are charted with a Decision Altitude (DA).

Just need to some help on this, at EPGD minimums are 1060 for RNAV RWY 11 phase 2 TEMPO

LNAV Cat C 1060 - so does this mean this minimum is an MDA and can't be flown in VNAV? So this approach or any approach with LNAV only means its a 2D approach with no vertical guidance. Non APV !

But EU-OPS only allows CDFA so what other options do i have for vertical guidance... IAN ? V/S ?

I did engage VNAV and the acft started to descend at the FAF, FMA showed VNAV PTH. So it seems my FMS had the GP coded in for BARO VNAV. So why does the chart or any other say LNAV?