PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Financial Results Announcement
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 10:21
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd just like to add something, while we're predicting huge PS's:

TC has been quoted to me a few times now by skippers who are convinced by the NBC interview that we are about to announce a new record. I really hope we are, but a bit of caution before we keep going on.

What he actually said was that "we are about to announce some of the highest profits we have ever made".

It doesn't matter who made the money, Ek or dnata, it's the group profit that matters. But the 'some' bit DOES matter. 'Some of the highest' could mean the 4th highest, or the 6th highest. As with everything, it sounds like the biggest profit share ever is on the way, but in truth, and without making TC or HH a liar, we could get 2 weeks.

Everybody will rage and rant but they would hold their hands up (well, in reality they just wouldn't say anything) and say that they told the truth, it was us who jumped to the wrong conclusion as we have done so many times:

-Are they showing new joiners Meydan yet or are they still showing them DSO as examples of company housing? DSO IS company housing, after all...

-Are they telling guys not to expect all 42 days leave? I am given 42 days leave in my contract after all...

-Are they telling guys that to get their 'personal chauffeur service' (read the careers page) they will have to wait 25 minutes after they ask for it, share it with other guys who only live nearby, not next to, them (and will only be at the waiting area in ten minutes) and stay awake after that all night turnaround (which is actually illegal) because their chauffeur is so tired he keeps falling asleep at the wheel and swerving into the next lane?

Sorry for the rant, wanted to say that for a while...