PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Control Training
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 10:03
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Loss of Control by demo crew...In the 70's it was decided that Sh Zaid, then Ruler of Abu Dhabi, ought to have a private jet.

The favourite was the new 3-engine Falcon, and one turned up one day for a demo ride. That went very well, and the Ruler was duly impressed. The deal was in the bag, bar the paperwork.

After landing, the head of the sales team said to HH that they would now demonstrate the agility and performance. "OK", says HH (I'm paraphrasing), "Let's see it, then".

So the crew got back in, started up, taxied out. "Watch this" says the salesman, and HH gave it all his attention.

They set max power, released the brakes, accelerated like a fighter, rotated and started what looked like a 40 degree climb. Then, at about 100 ft, they did a 360 degree climbing hesitation roll.

"حفظه الله لي من الشيطان" said HH, "أنا لا شراء طائرة أن يفعل أشياء من هذا القبيل" And he swept off, followed by the entourage. (Translation: God protect me from the devil, I'm not buying an aeroplane that does that.)

"Merde, ces cons de pilotes;" I think the salesman said to me, but I was laughing too hard to hear it properly. (Translation: expletive deleted.)

Not really relevant, but the thread reminded me of this apparent loss of control!