PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Component Maintenance and B1 License
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2015, 14:27
Blasted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Component Maintenance and B1 License

Hello

I've been wanting to asking this question for a while, so I guess now is the time:

I have completed a one-year theoretical course of Basic Training for EASA Part 66 B1.1 and a 6-month practical course following it, on a Part 147 approved entity. Following this, I have been working in aircraft component maintenance (workshop) for over 5 years. I have attended specific training on some (but not all) ATAs of A320 type training, given by the company I currently work for.

My question is, with this background, what is the best path to attain a B1.1 License? Can I have one issued without having completed Type Training? Does my experience count for licenses, since it is aircraft component and not aircraft itself? My country's Aviation Authority isn't very helpful in clarifying this, would contacting EASA directly be of any help?

Among others, I've been doing Fuel Pumps, HPT/RACCs, HMUs, maintenance for the past five years but I feel the need to improve and expand my career and would like to know what are the possible and recommended paths ahead of me... Would like to hear some info from people with contact or knowledge of this. I've searched around and didn't find much regarding the component workshop reality... There must be other people making those parts serviceable around