PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay
Thread: EK Pay
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2015, 09:59
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
I see your point BVCU. However the poor sods that have been in the company as pilots the longest get no more increments. No matter how hard/efficient they work. They have received **** all raises for some time now. To add salt to the wound they don't even get priority for leave, rosters etc.
Several years ago our basic salary covered 78hrs. We now have to work 92hrs for the basic. And all Capts and most FOs are doing 92hrs plus. We get no credit (pay) for any ground duty, and there are lots of them. We get no credit for leave, so end up flying a full months roster when having 7 days leave and have days off removed to make it all fit. So we end up in a situation of doing over 100hrs, getting paid the basic for 92hrs, but have days of reduced to 9 or 10 (three times for me out of the past 4 months) all because we have to fly the full months credit, and the rest of the month is filled with free to the company stuff. Not that long ago it would never have been rostered as they wouldn't want to pay all that overtime.
Credit hours do not equal duty hours. For example a JED flight has a duty of 9hrs 30min but only 5hrs 50min credit. A KWI has a duty of 7hrs but credit of only 3hrs 40min.
I understand that all employees are being shafted. But have you taken a pay cut of 18% in the past few years? This is the effective pay cut Pilots have taken, not including the increment.