PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2015, 02:22
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone heard of applicants given the thanks but no thanks even after completing everything?
Never heard of anything like that happening before, so I reckon you're pretty safe Obviously some people get through the selection process and decide they'd rather stay at home or take up a different offer but I've never heard of anyone passing everything and then not getting offered a job.

Also, what is the dress code at the training center?
It is not prescribed but it is certainly not the relaxed style you might be used to Some people wear a semi-pilot type of 'uniform'; in other words, dark trousers, white shirt and black tie (normally their clothes from their previous airline)......obviously minus all the gold trimmings of the normal day wear. Some people wear smart trousers (definitely NEVER jeans) and a shirt/short-sleeved shirt with a tie. There are classes available for Americans on how to knot a tie and wean them off clip-ons Even in the height of Summer it was normal to see ties being worn although, doubtless, someone will spring up any second now and say they didn't wear a tie their whole time. The guys you saw in suits may have been on day one of the course, when I've only ever seen suits being worn. As I say, nothing is laid down but you can take your cue from the way the Japanese dress because I think that is reasonable to think what they would expect from someone joining their operation. In the office they will nearly always be dressed in trousers, shirt and tie........although I did once see a rebel in the office who'd undone his top button and relaxed the tie. I never saw him the next day but there was a new pile of soil in the grass outside

Come on Dom, you love this subject