PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. airline coalition releases more than 1,000 pages from probe into Gulf airline fi
Old 25th Apr 2015, 12:34
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not trying to protect new tomcat - but all your examples are within the EU Common Market. As someone mentioned, many countries are so small that their domestic market is non existent.

The fact that Australia allows foreign ownership (but not 5th freedom) is their CHOICE just as it any other countries CHOICE.

The whole Ch. 11 argument is bogus as well since it is NOT a subsidy but rather the creditors taking a haircut - WHICH THEY AGREE TOO! If not the company goes under. Cents on the dollar is better than nothing.

I'll go back to the ME example as well, since that is where this spat lies. How many foreigners or foreign companies can come here and start a business with no local ownership or outside of expensive free zones (with their restrictions)?

I'm not defending the Americans in general, but in this instance it is wholly warranted. EK may be profitable but the other two are not. It was only a few years ago that Al Baker was quoted as saying that QR had enough money to fly empty for 25 years.